17 April 2020
We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. This policy applies if you interact with us through our webstore, over the phone, via email, or on social media.
Who is responsible for the processing of my personal data?
Sitecom Europe BV is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Sitecom Europe BV
3011 TA Rotterdam
Telephone number +31 (0)10 238 33 22
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Commerce number: 68525133
VAT identification number: NL857482981B01
What personal data do we collect and process?
If you order something, we need certain information from you to be able to deliver your order and keep you informed about it. Also for any returns or repairs we need this information. Therefore, we collect your name, e-mail address, delivery address, payment details and your phone number. We also collect personal data that enable us to offer you our products and services, serve you better and to continuously improve our performance. We collect and process the following types of data:
- Personal data provided by you
- Automatically collected data
- Data from other sources
We collect and process the following personal data:
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and feedback you give to us.
- Information about the services that we provide to you.
- Information required to make decisions about your applications for products and services we offer.
- Your account login details for our website, including your user name and password.
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us.
- Information about any device you have used to access our services and how you use our services.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them.
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information as well as information that is publicly available.
On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
According to the privacy legislation, we are required to disclose on what legal bases we collect and process your personal data. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services.
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else.
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
Of course we always protect your privacy.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services: We need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you.
- To improve your shopping experience: We try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, personalised offers and online advertising.
- For safety and security: We use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our customers to shop in
- Analytics and profiling: We use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers.
- Contacting you: We use your personal information to contact you
- Marketing and advertising: We use your personal information to provide relevant marketing communications. We may also use information about how you shop with us to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns.
Who has access to your personal data?
We only share your information with other companies when this is required for providing you with our products and services. These companies are for example: delivery partners, vendors, repair technicians, product support, payment partners, IT service providers and companies collecting our reviews. When we want to give you personal advice or provide you with target ads, we can share the required data with data management platforms, media and advertising agencies, and research firms. Based on your interest in specific products for example. We are also obliged to share customer information with government authorities in case of suspicious situations.
Where do we store your data?
We store your data within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, it may happen that certain information is transmitted to, or stored at, a destination outside the EEA. When that is the case, we make sure that this happens in a safe way and in accordance with the law and relevant regulations. We always use strict safety measures to ensure that your privacy remains protected in the best way possible.
How long will we keep your personal information?
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- Right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- Right to restrict our use of your personal information
- Right to be forgotten
- Right of data portability
- Right to object to our use of your personal information
- Right to complain about the use of the personal information
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the Customer Service section. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
Any questions or complaints?
If you have any questions or complaints about the way in which process your personal data and protect your privacy, please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com
You can also contact the privacy authority when you are re not satisfied with how we handle your privacy.
Our services are not directed at children. This means that the use of sitecom.store by customers under 18 years of age is permitted only with the permission of a parent or guardian.